If you’re interested in turning visitors to your website into valuable sales leads, you’ll find a huge variety of applications to help make the process easier.
ClickFunnels and Instapage are two popular options. The first is an all-in-one marketing funnel tool that lets you create everything from landing pages to email autoresponders for promoting new products, webinars, membership websites and more.
The second is a specialized tool that lets you create beautiful, conversion optimized landing pages for PPC advertising and social media marketing.
If you’re an online marketer searching for software that does everything, from landing pages to email autoresponders, product sales, split testing and more, you’ll love ClickFunnels.
If you’re a PPC marketer in need of a tool that helps you quickly build, launch and test landing pages for your campaigns, you’ll love Instapage.
Below, we’ve compared both applications in more detail, from their landing page builders to the unique sales funnel features of ClickFunnels. If you’re interested in both tools but can’t decide which is the best for you, read on for our full review and comparison.
ClickFunnels and Instapage are two very different tools that share a few common features. Both include landing page builders (although Instapage’s builder is more powerful than ClickFunnels’) and both come with split testing tools to help you track and measure landing page performance.
The biggest difference between ClickFunnels and Instapage is the main purpose of each app:
- ClickFunnels is designed to handle every aspect of your sales funnel, from landing page or opt-in form to sending automated emails to leads, processing product sales, hosting live webinars and other events, managing private communities and more.
- Instapage has one purpose: to make it as easy as possible for you to create and test beautiful, conversion optimized landing pages.
The ClickFunnels landing page builder is easy to use and designed for simplicity above power, with a drag-and-drop interface that makes adding components like headings, text copy, images and more to your landing page a quick and straightforward process.
With ClickFunnels, you can add elements like autoplaying video and a countdown timer to your landing page to increase conversions. You can also add a “Buy Now” or “Add to Cart” button to allow customers to buy your product right from your landing page.
ClickFunnels landing pages are responsive and look great on mobile, meaning you won’t have to create a separate page for your mobile traffic sources.
Since ClickFunnels comes with a shopping cart, selling virtual and physical products right from your landing page is simple. By default, ClickFunnels landing pages are designed to achieve one of three goals: collect emails, sell products, or host a webinar or other event.
On the whole, the ClickFunnels landing page builder is a user-friendly tool that lets you create clean, simple landing pages very quickly. This is also its biggest weakness — since it’s built for simplicity instead of flexibility, the types of landing pages you can build are quite limited.
If you need to build simple landing pages that work as part of an all-in-one sales funnel, you’ll like ClickFunnels for its user-friendly UI and simplicity.
Since Instapage is designed from the ground up for creating beautiful, conversion optimized landing pages, its landing page builder is by far its biggest strength.
Instapage comes with more than 100 fully customizable landing page templates. A huge range of aftermarket templates are also available on marketplaces like ThemeForest, expanding the variety of landing page designs available to Instapage users.
The Instapage landing page builder is easy to use and fully customizable. More than 5,000 fonts and 33 million stock photos are available for you to choose from. Adding video, CTA buttons and countdown timers to your page is a simple process using Instapage widgets.
If you need a powerful landing page builder that’s easy to use but allows greater customization, you’ll love Instapage.
ClickFunnels and Instapage both include built-in A/B testing tools, making it easy for you to stay on top of your campaign’s performance and split test different landing pages. Both tools let you quickly duplicate and edit pages to test elements such as headlines, buttons and more.
The biggest strength of ClickFunnels is that it lets you create a full sales funnel, including email follow-ups and event reminders, from a single tool. The software includes a selection of built-in sales funnels for product sales, webinars, membership websites and other common goals.
Launching a new sales funnel is a simple process that only involves a few clicks. ClickFunnels includes pre-made sales funnels for most common marketing goals. Select the objective of your sales funnel and ClickFunnels will automatically build the required pages and emails.
Aspects of the sales process like payments are handled by integrations, all while ClickFunnels takes care of everything else for you.
Instapage can be used as part of a sales funnel, but it’s far from an all-in-one tool. To email your leads, you’ll need to use an integration like MailChimp or Drip. To process payments, you’ll need to integrate with Stripe or PayPal and use different software for your fulfillment emails.
If you’re building a sales funnel for a product or service, you’ll find ClickFunnels the more useful tool. However, if you specifically need to build landing pages for your PPC campaign, you’ll get more value from Instapage’s powerful landing page builder and large variety of templates.
Pros & Cons of ClickFunnels
The biggest strength of ClickFunnels is that it’s capable of managing almost every aspect of the sales process, from collecting user information to sending automated emails. Instead of using a huge variety of tools, you can do almost everything you need from one.
- Since ClickFunnels manages almost every aspect of the sales funnel process, you won’t need to use several applications. Email marketing is handled internally and integrations with most payment processors make processing transactions a simple process.
- ClickFunnels doesn’t have the most powerful landing page builder, but its page builder is extremely easy to use. The drag-and-drop interface makes adding headings, videos and other elements to a landing page quick, simple and code-free.
- Building an email marketing sequence for your sales funnel is easy. Since everything is handled from within one application, there’s no need to use Aweber, MailChimp or any other autoresponder software.
- Using Twilio, you can send SMS messages to your list subscribers from ClickFunnels to boost your response rate.
- Since you can do almost everything from within ClickFunnels, there’s much less of a need to buy multiple SaaS applications to manage your funnel and campaign.
- ClickFunnel is a do-it-all application that manages almost every aspect of your sales funnel, but never really stands out in any one category.
- Since every part of your funnel is hosted by ClickFunnels, there’s a small risk of hosting or availability issues affecting your campaign.
- ClickFunnels has a simple landing page builder that’s great for beginners and people with limited HTML and CSS skills, but experienced designers may find it lacking from a customization perspective.
If you need an all-in-one tool for creating, managing and optimizing your sales funnel, it’s hard to think of anything better than ClickFunnels. From capturing leads to sending customized emails, ClickFunnels takes care of every aspect of your sales funnel extremely well.
Pros & Cons of Instapage
Instapage is one of the best landing page tools on the market. If your goal is to roll out beautiful, conversion optimized landing pages for PPC campaigns without the time or cost of making them manually, you’ll love its powerful page builder and huge selection of templates.
- Instapage has one of the best landing page builders of any software in its category, with a simple drag-and-drop UI. Adding and customizing page elements is a simple process, letting you create a great looking landing page in minutes.
- Since Instapage comes with over 100 landing page templates, with many more available from ThemeForest and other marketplaces, you’ll never run out of templates for creating and testing new paes.
- Instapage includes built-in A/B testing tools with detailed conversion and performance metrics, letting you optimize your landing page over time and increase your campaign’s return on ad spend.
- Instapage supports publishing to WordPress using its WordPress plugin, making it easy to add your Instapage landing page to your WordPress website.
- Although Instapage is a standalone landing page tool, it integrates with a huge range of email marketing providers and CRM tools to help you create a complete sales funnel.
- Since Instapage is landing page software first and foremost, managing a sales funnel is a complex process that involves several different tools and integrations.
For creating, testing and optimizing landing pages, Instapage is a much more powerful tool than ClickFunnels. However, putting together a complete marketing and sales funnel is a complicated process that requires several integrations, from email marketing to payment processing.
There are two pricing options for ClickFunnels. The first, which costs $97 per month, allows you to create and operate up to 20 sales funnels and 100 landing pages. Traffic is capped at 20,000 visitors per month, with unlimited subscribers.
The $97 per month ClickFunnels plan also includes useful conversion optimization features like A/B testing, as well as full access to the software’s email integrations and the ability to make use of native integrations with payment processors like Stripe.
The $299 per month Etison Suite version of ClickFunnels allows an unlimited number of landing pages, visitors and sales funnels. It also includes access to Actionetics, a social profiling tool for audience research and Backpack, an affiliate management system.
You can view the full details of each plan on the ClickFunnels pricing page. Both ClickFunnels plans are available as part of a 14-day free trial, which gives you two weeks of access before you’ll be billed for the software.
Instapage starts from $29 per month for the Basic plan, which includes an unlimited number of landing pages, visitors and domains. The basic plan includes some integrations and customer support via email.
On the whole, the $29 plan is somewhat limited. It does not include A/B split testing, so there’s no way to test one page against another. These features are available in the $55 a month Pro plan and $79 per month Premium plan.
All Instapage plans support unlimited traffic and come with built-in pixel tracking, access to the entire library of Instapage templates, SEO-friendly page structure, WordPress compatibility and more.
You can test Instapage for free for 30 days without entering your credit card information. Trial users get full access to the Basic plan, including unlimited landing pages, custom domain use and a variety of templates to choose from.
If you’re a marketer with a product to sell, a service to market or an event to promote, you’ll love how easy it is to build a sales funnel using ClickFunnels. Everything from landing page creation to email marketing is handled from within one tool, making the process extremely simple.
On the other hand, if you’re a PPC marketer interested primarily in creating landing pages, or a business owner who already has an email marketing platform, you’ll enjoy the power offered by Instapage as a landing page customization, hosting and optimization platform.
On the whole, ClickFunnels is the better tool if you need an all-in-one program to handle every aspect of your sales funnel. If you want to create higher converting landing pages for your PPC campaigns, you’ll get more bang for your buck from Instapage.
Which landing page software do you prefer?
There are lots of landing page tools out there, from all-in-one solutions like ClickFunnels to tools like Instapage, Leadpages, Unbounce and more. Which landing page tool do you use to collect email addresses and generate leads for your business?
Leave a comment with your favorite landing page tool, as well as any recommendations you’ve got for people comparing ClickFunnels and Instapage.