Find your software in 30 seconds or less
Who is leadpages For?
Best for PPC marketers looking for a solution that crushes it right out of the box
Who is clickfunnels For?
Best for marketers and product/course developers and beginners
ClickFunnels (Visit Website) and Leadpages (Visit Website)are both powerful applications that can help you generate more leads and make more money from your traffic.
While both share some common features, they’re also very different applications. ClickFunnels is all-in-one sales funnel software that lets you manage everything from lead capture to sales in one platform, whereas Leadpages is a specialized landing page application.
Below, we’ve compared ClickFunnels and Leadpages to showcase their similarities, as well as the numerous differences between these two online marketing applications. If you’re searching for landing page and sales funnel software, read on to find out which one is best for you.
ClickFunnels and Leadpages have several features in common, but they also have a variety of features that are unique to either application. Both make it easy to create great landing pages, collect names and email addresses and follow up via email and SMS.
The biggest difference between the two applications is purpose:
- ClickFunnels is an all-in-one sales funnel application that lets you create landing pages, send email autoresponders, process sales and host events from within one application.
- Leadpages is a dedicated landing page application that makes it easy for you to design conversion optimized landing pages and lead capture forms.
ClickFunnels has a simple drag-and-drop landing page builder that’s aimed at everyone from experienced marketers to total beginners. Creating a landing page is as simple as dragging a headline, subheading, bullet points, image and other elements onto an empty canvas.
Using the landing page builder in ClickFunnels, you can add custom elements like countdowns and autoplaying video to your landing page. Putting together a clean landing page is a simple, fast process — once you’re familiar with the UI, you’ll be able to do it in just a few minutes.
Since ClickFunnels includes a built-in shopping cart, you can place an “Add to Cart” button on your landing page. Although the landing page builder in ClickFunnels isn’t as powerful as the one in LeadPages, it’s a great tool for all-in-one sales funnel software.
While ClickFunnels is all about building a sales funnel from start to finish, Leadpages focuses on one thing, and one thing only: designing beautiful, effective landing pages.
As such, its landing page builder is much more powerful. It also uses a simple drag-and-drop user interface, with page elements like headings, subheadings, text blocks, video players and countdowns all easy to add to your landing page.
Since Leadpages is built for PPC campaigns, it also includes simple conversion goal pages, the ability to add an exit pop-up to your page and other features that marketers interested in raising their conversion rate will find useful.
Leadpages includes hundreds of landing page templates, all of which are optimized for desktop and mobile. It also includes two-step opt-in forms that you can use to generate leads from blog posts, articles and other on-page content.
All in all, Leadpages offers a much wider range of landing page features than ClickFunnels, as it’s a dedicated, single-purpose application.
ClickFunnels includes built-in sales funnels for a variety of objectives, from selling a product to hosting a webinar. This makes it easy to set up a funnel for your new product, upcoming event and other situations in which you need to communicate with your audience.
Creating a new sales funnel in ClickFunnels is simple. First, you can define your goal using the available options — collect emails, sell your product or host a webinar. After you’ve entered your funnel’s name, ClickFunnel will automatically build all of the related pages.
Building a funnel in Leadpages is a much more complicated process. Instead of creating your entire funnel with a single click, you’ll need to integrate Leadpages with mailing list software, a payment processor and other tools to create a working sales funnel.
In short, Leadpages is the more powerful tool for creating landing pages, while ClickFunnels is far better for creating simple, effective sales funnels.
Pros & Cons of ClickFunnels
ClickFunnels is an all-in-one sales funnel application, and it manages every aspect of the sales funnel creation process well. Its biggest strength is its simplicity — instead of having to manage several applications to create a sales funnel, you can do everything using one tool.
- ClickFunnels includes most features you’ll need to create your sales funnel under the hood, such as a shopping cart and email autoresponder software. This means you can create a funnel for just about every purpose without using a variety of applications.
- Creating landing pages using ClickFunnels is simple, although design options are fairly limited compared with Leadpages. You can add shopping cart buttons, text boxes, video and other page elements with a single click of your mouse.
- Since ClickFunnels has a built-in email autoresponder feature, you can create your own email sequence without having to integrate with other software such as MailChimp, Drip or Aweber.
- ClickFunnels integrates with Twilio, letting you send automated SMS messages to your funnel subscribers.
- Managing every aspect of your sales and marketing funnel is simple, since everything is accessible from one application.
- Since ClickFunnels is designed to manage every aspect of creating and running a sales funnel, it doesn’t excel in any one category.
- The ClickFunnels landing page builder is ideal for creating simple lead capture pages, but it isn’t as powerful as the Leadpages Builder. CRO experts and PPC marketers will feel limited by its focus on simplicity instead of customization.
ClickFunnels is fantastic software built for a specific audience — online marketers with digital or physical products, private membership communities and coaching services. It makes creating a funnel simple, but since it’s an all-in-one application, it does have some limitations.
With ClickFunnels, you can use the same tool you use to quickly build a complete sales funnel to build a complete membership portal to both sell and deliver those products. You can deliver your digital products and training courses and drip content to your customers based on what they’ve purchased (the current purchase status of you customers can drive your message and offerings). Your completed membership site will be secure and will help you build and manage your community members and to send emails to increase sales by cross-sell your existing customers.
Pros & Cons of Leadpages
Leadpages is built from the ground up to do one thing: create great landing pages. If you need to create and test a variety of landing pages for a PPC advertising campaign or product launch and don’t mind sacrificing simplicity for power, Leadpages is the right software for you.
- Compared to ClickFunnels, Leadpages has a much more powerful landing page builder with far more customization options. You can drag and drop everything from text boxes to video players, social sharing buttons and more onto your landing page.
- Leadpages comes with hundreds of free and paid landing page templates built for local businesses, app developers, physical product businesses, online marketers and more.
- All Leadpages landing pages are totally responsive and look just as good on mobile as they do on a desktop PC.
- The Leadpages Builder includes an HTML editor for designers interested in customizing their landing page with their own code.
- Publishing Leadpages content to your WordPress website is simple with the Leadpages WordPress Connector.
- Integrates with a huge range of applications, from email autoresponder software such as MailChimp to CRM tools like Salesforce.
- Built-in A/B testing and conversion optimization tools make improving your return on ad spend possible from within the Leadpages UI.
- Leadpages is specialized landing page software, so adding features such as email is a multi-step process that requires integration with other software.
If your main objective is to create excellent landing pages, Leadpages is the better of the two applications. It’s a little harder to use, but its huge range of templates and customization tools make it ideal for split testing a variety of landing pages as part of a PPC campaign.
ClickFunnels starts from $97 per month, which lets you create up to 20 funnels and 100 pages for a maximum of 20,000 visitors per month. You can add an unlimited amount of contacts and add ClickFunnels pages to up to three custom domains.
Features like A/B split testing, email integrations and template funnels for membership websites and webinars are included in the $97 per month plan. You’ll also be able to use the ClickFunnels payment processor to accept credit card payments from your funnel at a 2.9% fee.
To access the full version of ClickFunnels, you’ll need to buy the Etison Suite. At $299 a month, this includes access to ClickFunnels, Actionetics and Backpack. The Etison Suite allows you to create unlimited pages and funnels, process unlimited visitors and access additional features.
You can compare the two ClickFunnels plans on the pricing page, which includes a full list of the extra features included in the Etison Suite. ClickFunnels offers a 14-day free trial, letting you test either plan at no cost before you become a paying customer.
Leadpages starts from $25 per month for the Standard plan with annual billing. This includes an unlimited number of landing pages, Leadboxes pop-up forms, publishing to WordPress and help via email.
To access features like A/B testing, text message lead capture and more, you’ll need to sign up for the Pro or Advanced plans, which are priced at $49 and $199 per month with annual billing.
Leadpages doesn’t offer a free trial, but does offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you aren’t satisfied with their software, you can cancel within the first 30 days and receive a full refund.
ClickFunnels and Leadpages share some similar features, but at the end of the day they’re very different applications.
Get LeadPages if......
If you’re a marketer that buys a lot of pay-per-click or display advertising, or someone that works within a marketing department, you’ll probably prefer Leadpages. It’s a specialized tool that only does one thing, but it does it exceptionally well.
Get ClickFunnels if......
If you’re a solo entrepreneur or online marketer who needs a reliable, all-in-one platform for all of your sales funnels, ClickFunnels is an obvious choice. From one tool, you can make product launch funnels, webinar funnels, lead generation funnels and more in very little time.
Setting up email autoresponders, processing credit card payments and more is all possible from one application. If you like simplicity and an all-in-one interface, ClickFunnels is a great tool that can help you grow your online business.
Leadpages is a more specialized tool. Instead of managing every aspect of creating funnels for your online business, Leadpages is all about creating and testing landing pages.
It includes hundreds of landing page templates and a powerful page builder that lets you modify any design to suit your business. It also has built-in A/B testing, analytics and a huge variety of integrations with other software.
In closing, ClickFunnels is perfect for creating working sales and marketing funnels in minutes, all from one tool. Leadpages is the more powerful tool for marketers interested solely in creating and testing different landing pages to improve conversions and increase marketing ROI.
What’s your favorite landing page tool?
ClickFunnels and Leadpages are both great tools for creating landing pages and sales funnels, but they’re not the only applications on the market. What’s your favorite landing page tool? Is it one of the applications we reviewed above, or something else from a different developer?
Let us know your favorite landing page tool in the comments so we can get a better idea of the software you use to run your online business on a daily basis.
Leave a Reply