|Designed For||Bloggers and SaaS/product owners seeking a user-friendly, lightweight marketing automation system.||Digital marketers in need of a powerful landing page tool for AdWords, Facebook Ads and other PPC platforms that integrates with email marketing and payment processing software.|
|Email Marketing Automation|
|Contacts||Plans starting from 100 contacts.||No email marketing features.|
|Email Volume||Unlimited emails on all plans.||No email marketing features.|
|Users||Not provided on Drip website||Not provided on Instapage website|
|Email Courses||Unlimited autoresponders on all plans.||No email marketing features.|
|Automation Rules||Unlimited automation rules on all plans.||No email marketing automation features.|
|Responsive Email Templates||Liquid templating system with custom email templates.||No email marketing features.|
|Email Split Testing||A/B split testing for subject lines, send times and sender names.||Not provided on Instapage website|
|Lead Scoring||Lead scoring based on website/email engagement.||No lead scoring.|
|SMS Marketing Automation||Drip does not support SMS marketing automation. However, subscription via SMS is available using the Textiful integration.||Automated SMS is available via the Instapage Autopilot integration.|
|Direct Mail Automation||Drip does not support direct mail automation.||Automated direct mail is available via the Instapage Autopilot integration.|
|UI and Usability||Designed for bloggers and SaaS/product owners, with an extremely lightweight and user-friendly interface.||Designed for marketers, with a WYSIWYG page editor that requires no HTML or CSS skills.|
|Automation Workflow Builder||User-friendly visual workflow builder with easily understandable yes/no logic and six different automation flow steps.||No email marketing automation features.|
|Email Course Builder||Three ways to send targeted emails: in a drip campaign, as a broadcast, or as a one-off event-based email.||No email marketing features.|
|Forms & Landing Pages|
|Form Builder||Built-in form editor with four different opt-in form styles: widget, embedded, exit triggered and hosted.||Powerful, user-friendly form builder lets you create forms with multiple fields, dropdown lists, digital asset delivery and other features in minutes.|
|Landing Page Builder||No landing page builder, although integrations are available for LeadPages and Instapage.||WYSIWYG landing page editor with contextual element editing, more than 5,000 fonts, 33 million stock photos and graphics, custom CSS and more.|
|Landing Page Templates||No landing page templates included.||100+ fully customizable landing pages for lead generation, event registration, product sales and mobile app downloads.|
|WordPress Plugin||Email Marketing by Drip WordPress plugin makes adding opt-in forms to your WordPress website a one-click process.||Instapage WordPress plugin lets you push Instapage landing pages to your WordPress website.|
|Integrations||Dozens of integrations for software such as Instapage, LeadPages, Stripe, Zapier, PayPal, Shopify, Wistia and more.||More than 25 integrations with email marketing tools, analytics software, webinar apps, CRMs and social networks.|
|Zapier Integration||Supported.||Zapier integration available for Premium users.|
|Pricing||Monthly fee, starting from $1 per month for up to 100 subscribers. Three week free trial available.||Monthly fee, starting from $29 per month for the Basic plan. Free 30 day trial available.|
|Minimum Contract Term||No minimum contract. Plans start from one month.||No minimum contract. Plans start from one month.|
|Joining/Training Fee||No joining fee.||No joining fee.|
|Refund/Guarantee||Drip guarantees that its software will help you grow your list and improve conversions. If not, you can request a refund for your most recent payment.||Refunds available for users that cancel within 24 hours of purchase.|
|Support||Personalized support via email.||Personalized support via email, plus video tutorials and access to the Instapage online community. Live chat available for Professional and Premium customers.|
Pros & Cons of Instapage
Instapage is one of the best landing page tools on the market. If your goal is to roll out beautiful, conversion optimized landing pages for PPC campaigns without the time or cost of making them manually, you’ll love its powerful page builder and huge selection of templates.
- Instapage has one of the best landing page builders of any software in its category, with a simple drag-and-drop UI. Adding and customizing page elements is a simple process, letting you create a great looking landing page in minutes.
- Since Instapage comes with over 100 landing page templates, with many more available from ThemeForest and other marketplaces, you’ll never run out of templates for creating and testing new paes.
- Instapage includes built-in A/B testing tools with detailed conversion and performance metrics, letting you optimize your landing page over time and increase your campaign’s return on ad spend.
- Instapage supports publishing to WordPress using its WordPress plugin, making it easy to add your Instapage landing page to your WordPress website.
- Although Instapage is a standalone landing page tool, it integrates with a huge range of email marketing providers and CRM tools to help you create a complete sales funnel.
- Since Instapage is landing page software first and foremost, managing a sales funnel is a complex process that involves several different tools and integrations.
For creating, testing and optimizing landing pages, Instapage is a powerful tool. However, putting together a complete marketing and sales funnel is a complicated process that requires several integrations, from email marketing to payment processing.
Instapage starts from $29 per month for the Basic plan, which includes an unlimited number of landing pages, visitors and domains. The basic plan includes some integrations and customer support via email.
On the whole, the $29 plan is somewhat limited. It does not include A/B split testing, so there’s no way to test one page against another. These features are available in the $55 a month Pro plan and $79 per month Premium plan.
All Instapage plans support unlimited traffic and come with built-in pixel tracking, access to the entire library of Instapage templates, SEO-friendly page structure, WordPress compatibility and more.
You can test Instapage for free for 30 days without entering your credit card information. Trial users get full access to the Basic plan, including unlimited landing pages, custom domain use and a variety of templates to choose from.
Pros & Cons of Drip
Drip is designed for everyone from bloggers and content marketers to software developers. With a simple UI and powerful automation workflows, Drip is a great tool for people that want to start using email marketing as quickly as possible.
- Drip is extremely easy to use, with a simple interface that people new to email marketing automation will be able to understand.
- Drip’s visual workflow builder makes creating automation rules and workflows quick and simple. You can add goals, timing options and other automation rules quickly and easily, even if you have no programming experience.
- Opt-in forms are available in several different styles and can be customized to suit your website. You can add Drips opt-in form to your website as a widget, an embedded HTML form or as an exit-triggered modal pop-up.
- Using Drip, you can automatically tag subscribers based on their actions, such as buying a certain product or visiting a specific page on your website.
- Drip includes build-in performance tracking, with KPIs like conversion rate, subscription rate, open rate and more easily accessible from the dashboard.
- Numerous integrations with software like LeadPages, Instapage, Wistia and Gravity Forms give Drip additional power as a lead generating tool.
- Drip will help you import your existing email list for free, and even create a five-day email mini course at no charge based on your existing content.
- Free 21 day trial available for new users.
- Drip doesn’t come with a built-in landing page builder, so you’ll need to subscribe to Instapage, LeadPages or Unbounce to create a customized landing page for PPC or display advertising.
- If you have a large list or send a high volume of email broadcasts, Drip is slightly more expensive than Others on a per-subscriber basis.
Drip’s simple user interface and powerful automation rules make it a great choice for bloggers, marketers and SaaS businesses. The 21 day free trial and free list importing and email content writing make it easy to trial Drip before you sign up for a monthly plan.
On a pure value for money basis, Drip’s smallest plan includes up to 2,500 subscribers and costs $49 per month. Plans for 5,000 and 12,500 subscribers are available for $99 and $149, respectively.
Reaching 500,000 subscribers monthly cost of $3,579 using Drip.
Drip offers a 21 day free trial for new users.
All in all, Drip offers great value for money when compared to other email marketing applications. On a pure cost per subscriber basis, it is a great application with very fair pricing.
Leave a Reply